Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Are The Benefits of Flaxseed Oil?

What is flaxseed oil?
Flax Seed Oil is a blue flowering plant that is grown on the Western Canadian Prairies for its oil rich seeds. This food oils are highly recommended for the general well being and whole body nutrition and is considered to be nature’s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids that are required for the health of almost all body systems.
How can it benefit me?
 I was faced with this question when I started hearing about Flaxseed not long ago. It’s become a ‘buzz word’ in society and seems to be making great strides food additives in increased health for many. I wanted to join that wagon of wellness and so I researched until I felt satisfied that it could help me, too. Here are my findings:
Flax Seed Oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, fiber, protein, and zinc and also provides approximately 50% more omega-3 oils than what you could get from taking fish oil, minus that horrible “fishy” after taste. Sounded good to me already!
Should you add flax seed oil to your diet?
Some nutritionists, researchers, and scientists believe that it could be the most important health-promoting supplement next to a multi-vitamin. Nearly every system in the body can benefit from the natural properties of flaxseed oil, including the cardiovascular system, immune system, circulatory system, reproductive system, nervous system, as well as joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment